Saturday, August 07, 2004

What I have learned at camp so far...

So I'm at this all girls summer camp in North Carolina as a counselor... and the girls arent even here yet... but I've learned SO much from the owners and directors of this camp... they are so spiritual and moving. So here are some lessons I've learned... I'm sure more will follow:

"The way you live speaks so loudly that people can't hear what you're saying." (a more eloquent way to say that actions speak louder than words... meaning that acting like a Christian is more evangelical than preaching... or are you teaching or living)

We are made in God's image and we need to try our best to make the most of our lives that God has given to us, and that includes taking care of bodies and minds. Camp Greystone follows a four part plan:
Spiritual: Enjoy God and fellowship with Him
Social: Be honest, help others, be loving and giving, get rid of guilt and anger with forgiveness
Mental: Guard carefully what you put in your mind, be a scared temple
Physical: Take care of the bodies God has given us with right food and exercise

Every day is perfect- it is a gift from God. If you start out each day with this in mind (instead of dwelling in the past or in worries of the future or fear of the unknown-- cuz God takes all of that away), your day will be great and terrific. That's why at Camp, we wake up each day to a bugle and clap our hands and shout: This is a great day that the Lord has made. And we sing about it at breakfast too. If you start your day off right (and not in a bad mood) you will feel better and everyone else will feel better. And procrastination is bad. Do not say you will start this plan sometime soon.. start it NOW or nothing will ever get done.


Ok so that's it so far... and even though I do get the feeling that people here are a bit more conservative than me... I pretty much agree with everything I've heard. I'm glad that the camp is as liberal as they are, so the girls are not forced with doctrine or beliefs that they MUST have. They want us to plant seeds for these girls, so they come to God when they are ready. I really value that belief, and I'm glad that I have landed here. Everyone here says that all us counselors are here for a reason... and I believe we are. We have all been called by God to come together at this place at this time for Him. (Kinda like the disciples being called by Christ from all walks of life to follow him.) God each spoke to us in different ways to bring us here... and I know He will use us in great ways.
God Bless, and until I find a spare moment of free time,
Jamie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home