Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Israel update #9

9.11.08
Awake at 12:30am. ugh. Crazy security checks at airport. Arrive in Zurich no problem. Consider going into the city by train, but am exhausted and have heavy carryons, namely this laptop and some souvenirs, so I decide to just chill at the airport. its safer that way. I'll come to Zurich one day. Wanted to buy Fondue at a duty free shop but worker told me that it would be taken away frm me at security checks. grrr. Dumb America and that whole liquids ban. It's freakin fondue! So i walked through security and bought fondue after security, they sealed it in a duty free bag and now I get to bring it on the plane. When my bag was xray, the needed to check my olive wood statue.. apparently it looked sketchy :)

10:35AM BOS// 5:35pm TLV
On the airplane, squished behind this man who is practically in my lap, and everytime I so much as touch his seat (when I try to cross my legs, or eat my lunch, he turns around and gives me these dirty looks but doesnt say anything.
Had cheese lasagna for lunch, I really should stop asking for pasta on flights, it's never very good. Had white wine with it... love that wine is free on Swiss Air. Love the Europeans! This flight is MUCH longer than the flight to ZUR, probably because we are going against the wind. My travels home began at 1am TLV and will end at 10:30pm TLV (3:30 BOS), well unless you count the bus ride to actually get home, then its 1am TLV and 6pm BOS, which means it will take me 24 hours to get home! Thats what suck most abput traveling. I also hate the worry that begins to sink on the plane... of all the things I have to do when I get back, which is always so much. Organize fundraiser for youth group, Harvard service, HDAarts, first BC class, read for class, service committee meeting, finish FTE project, eventually write CFTS paper, other youth group stuff, write sermon for next Sunday, figure out my whole tooth problem and insurance and stuff, and so much more. Lovely. I left it all behind when I left for TLV, but it all comes flooding back into my life very quickly. Lovely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs*

Seems like everyone I know is dealing with moderate to severe overwhelm. Or maybe it's just my filter. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a whole lot of solutions, just companions struggling with the same problem.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home